The reason behind the occurrence of HP Printer Separation Pad issue is the over-feeding of pages at once than its usual standard of one page. To get rid of any such issue, you need to make some modifications to your HP Printer Separation Pad. To ensure the non-occurrence of this issue in future, you also need to update your HP Drivers to the latest standards such as HP Printer Assistant.
In case, you purchased a brand new HP Printer and encounter a similar problem, you can ask for technical assistance to HP Customer Service that is available 24*7 for the convenience of users.
Here we have laid out a well-prepared collection of troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue without seeking outside help. Take a quick glance at them.
Try replacing your HP Printer’s Separation pad
- In the initial step, you need to unplug the power cord, cables from your printer to make it cool down
- After removing all the paper inserting trays, take the blue separation pad out of the spring-loaded base. To get this done, you need to put in a flat-edged screwdriver into the slot under the separation pad.
- From the opening section, push down the spring-loaded base by using one hands while pulling up the separation pad with another one.
- To set up your new Separation pad into the slot, just go through the Input tray
- In the final step, you need to reinsert your pickup roller, print cartridge along with the input tray. Now, plug the cords and cables of your printer and turn it on.
Try replacing the Pickup roller
- Unplug the cords to cool down the printer
- Take out the print cartridge and search the pickup roller
- Remove both white and small tabs from each side of the pickup roller
- Now, slowly and cautiously pull the roller upside from the device and try to slot in a new pickup roller
- Keep rotating it into the position until the white tabs on each side of the roller snap appear
- In the end, simply reinstall the print cartridge and close the doors
Get the printer pickup roller cleaned from the inside out
- Rub the printer pick up roller smoothly with a dampened soft cloth soaked in water
- Wipe off thin layers of dust stuck on the surface of your pickup roller with the cloth to get rid of the dirt
- Now, place the pickup roller into open the air to let the moisture driven out of it. When the pick roller dries out completely, you can install it back in the printer
If these tips don’t work the way it is expected, then you should contact HP Customer Support for assistance into the matter. They will guide you through the entire process of how to eliminate the HP printer separation pad issue.