The HP scanners scan the documents with the multiple functions that too on the compact device which makes them a favored printer for the people who have little space. The hp Officejet 4500 Printer works as a printer, copy machine, fax machine along with the digital scanner. While using the printer’s scanner or copy functions you might see the hp scan general failure error on the display screen. To fix this error there are some of the specific steps that are discussed in this article. Let’s get started!
Why hp scan general failure occurs?
If you work with a missing or outdated scanner driver then it can cause the hp scan general failure, so you need to update the scanner driver. There are two different ways to update the scanner driver these can be manually or automatically. You have to run the driver easily and tap on the “Scan Now” option. Remember, the driver easy will scans the computer and detects any of the problem drivers.
What are the steps for hp scan and capture general failure Windows 10?
If hp scan and capture not working, then follow the steps that are given below:
- First of all, you have to place a color document on the scanning glass and then close the lid.
- Just press the “Start color copy” button and then lift the lid slightly to check the scanner light is working or not.
- Now, take the printer to a service shop if you are unable to see any color during the hp scan general failure error.
- If you see the light, then you need to unplug the printer power cord from the surge protectors.
- After this, you have to plug it directly into the electrical outlet.
- Now, you have to move the printer to a different room and plug it directly into the electrical outlet, if the error persists.
- Now, power cycles the printer and unplugs the power cord and then plug the cord back into the printer.
- Just reset the printer partially if you see the error still on-screen.
- After this, you have to unplug the power cord and then hold the “3” and “#” buttons on the control panel.
- You now have to do a semi-full reset on the printer by unplugging the power cord of the printer.
- Now hold the “#” and “6” buttons on the control panel when you plug the power cord in the printer.
- Just take the printer to the nearby repair shop, if the hp scan general failure still persists or you also visit 123 hp com setup website for the set of instructions.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article has given you insights that will help you to fix hp scan general failure on the HP scanner. However, if you are still stuck with the steps that are discussed in this article and still unable to fix hp scan general failure, then you need to follow the instructions given on the official website or you can get assistance from HP printer Assistant.