This is one of the persistent issues that can arise if you are using a Bluetooth device while connected to a metered connection on the Windows 10 operating system. When you are trying to connect to the Bluetooth device, you will see the Bluetooth manager that prompts with the message saying “Setup incomplete because of a metered connection”. This problem will prevent you from using any of the Bluetooth devices.
What are the causes of setup incomplete because of a metered connection printer?
There are improper settings that are visible in the devices section that will not allow the Windows to download the HP drivers while on a metered connection. If printer setup incomplete because of a metered connection then all just is because of Windows Update because Windows updates reset the settings.
How to resolve windows 10 metered connection missing?
There are various methods by which you can resolve setup incomplete because of a metered connection printer error. here are some of the methods:
Method 1: Change the settings
For this you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, hold on the “Windows” key and then tap on the “I” button.
- Once you see the settings window tap on the “Devices” option.
- Choose “Bluetooth & other devices” from the left window.
- In the next step, check the option that is labeled as “Download over metered connections”
- Follow the instructions that are prompted on the “windows 10 metered connection missing” window.
Method 2: Changing the Wi-Fi Status
Since the setup incomplete because of a metered connection printer error message is all about the issues in internet connection then being metered connection, changing the Wi-Fi status to resolve this issue. Once you have switched the status to regular Wi-Fi, the Bluetooth devices will easily get connect and then you can set the Wi-Fi status back to the “Metered connection”. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- You need to hold the Windows key and then tap on the “I” option.
- When you will see the “Settings” window and choose the “Network & Internet” option.
- Tap on the “Change connection properties” option.
- In the next step, just tap on the “Toggle switch” under the “Set as metered connection”.
- This option will toggle off the option and your network will no longer a metered connection.
- Now, just try to connect the Bluetooth devices and make sure they connect properly.
Once you have completed all the steps then setup incomplete because of a metered connection printer will get resolve. However, if you are still unable to deal with the error then it is strongly recommended and advised to visit the official HP Printer Setup website or you can go to 123.hp.com/setup to get professional and quality assistance from the technical experts available 24/7.