If you are using the HP wireless printer that is directly connected to the computer with the help of USB cable then you can easily convert it from a USB connection to wireless and vice-versa. Using a printer connected to a wireless printer network, then it can be easily used by the rest of the computers and that is connected to the network.
You can easily change the HP printer from wireless to USB connection. In this article, you will learn how can you change the HP Printer from the Wireless to USB and how to reconfigure the printer’s wireless settings if you have changed the wireless router. Before you start with the topic you just need to follow some of the things you need to have:
- A functioning wireless network that works well within a wireless router.
- SSID of the Wireless network you are using.
- If you are using a password linked with the wireless network then you need a WEP key or WPA password.
How can you change the HP printer from wireless to USB connection?
In this section, you will get to learn the essential steps to change the HP printer from wireless to USB connection. Here are some of the considerable steps:-
- First of all, you need to disconnect the printer from your computer system.
- After this, you need to open the “Control Panel” section from your desktop.
- Tap on the “Printers and Faxes” button.
- You now have to click on the “wireless all-in-one printer” and then tap on the “Delete” button.
- Now, just connect a USB cable to your printer and computer ports and then turn on your Printer.
- After this, you have to install the “Brother AIO Home center software.
- On your computer, you have to go to the “Start” followed by “All Programs” and then go to the “Brother” and the final click on the “Brother Printer Network Setup Utility”.
- Choose the USB model number of the printer you have and then tap on the “Next” button.
- Point to Remember: Once you have connected the USB to the printer and to the computer the printer driver will get installed.
- You will now see the “Printer driver Installation complete” message on the screen, you just have to click on the “Done” button.
- In the last and final step, you will see that the USB-connected printer is now added to the “Printers and Faxes” section and it will be available for printing from your computer system along with its programs.
Note: If you are stuck in between the steps that are just discussed then you can visit the HP Customer Support webpage to get the expert advice and assistance.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that the article has helped you to change the HP printer from wireless to USB. However, if you are still stuck in between the steps or have any confusion related to the topic we just discussed then we recommend you visit 123.hp.com/setup which is the official HP website to provide your ample amount of instructions and guidelines from the experts and professionals to help you.