Mac address of your printer is assigned when you connect it to a network. The process to find Mac address on HP Printer is easy and clear. You can find it by navigating to the network menu on your printer. You can connect your Mac device to the printer using different ways like a USB or ethernet cable. However, Mac address is same for all types of connection methods and the Mac address of your printer cannot be changed.
If you are looking to find a Mac address on your HP Printer then you are on the right page. Let’s move on to the steps to find the Mac address on your printer. We are also discussing other topics on this page like: where is the IP address on an HP Printer and the method to change IP address on HP Printer.
Method to find Mac address on HP Printer
To find the Mac address on your printer approach the steps that are given below:
- On the control panel of your HP Printer, press Wireless setup wizard
- Then, find the ‘Wireless settings’ option and tap on it
- Head to the ‘Settings’ and click on the ‘Network’ menu
- Here you have found the Mac address
Where is the IP address on an HP Printer?
You can find the IP address of your printer by using your computer. The steps to find the IP address on Windows 10 are given below; look at the steps:
- Using your computer, head to the ‘Control Panel’ software on it
- In the Control Panel, tap on the ‘Hardware and sound’ option
- Find the ‘Devices and Printer’ options and click on it
- Find the ‘Web devices’ tab and look for the IP address of your printer
- Alternatively, if you find the ‘Ports’ tab then you need to look for the IP address of your HP Printer in this tab
- Finally, you have found the IP address on your HP Printer
Method to change IP address on HP Printer
The steps to change the IP address on the HP printer are mentioned below; look at the steps:
- Using your computer visit the search bar of your browser
- Type your current HP Printer IP address in the search bar
- Now, enter the username and password, if prompted
- Then, head to the ‘Settings/ Network’ page
- Now, choose the ‘IP address configuration’ option
- You will get an option to change the network from ‘Automatic/Dynamic to Static/Manual IP’
- Now, enter the IP address for your printer that you want to be set for your HP Printer and click on the ‘Save’ button
- Finally, you have changed the IP address for your HP Printer
Note: After going through the above steps, you will be able to change/update IP address on HP Printer. If have not set a username and password for your HP Printer then you can use ‘admin’ as your username and password.
To sum up, the steps to find Mac address on HP Printer are easy and quick. You can easily find the Mac address by visiting the network menu on your HP Printer. If you are facing any issue with your HP Printer then you may take the help of the HP Printer Assistant or directly speak to HP customer service to discuss your issue.
In this post, we have mentioned the steps for topics like the method to find Mac address on HP Printer, where is the IP address on an HP Printer, and change IP address on HP Printer. Hopefully, you have found Mac address successfully referring to this post.