Every HP laptop comes with an inbuilt microphone that is curated with good quality features. The Microphone is used to amplify the human voices and encode them into the commands to be followed by the HP laptop. This inbuilt feature is very useful as it provides speech recognition features and you can use it with friends and families. However, sometimes there are challenges you might face such as HP Laptop Microphone Not Working. This error or issue generally occurs when you update the Windows operating system to Windows 10. Apart from the updating reasons, there are various other reasons due to which you get stuck with such issues on your HP Omen laptop or any other model from HP. In this article, we will discuss different solutions to fix the HP Laptop Microphone Not Working issue. So, let’s dive in for more information!
Fix- HP Laptop Microphone Not Working Windows 10
Here in this section, you will get the list of the easiest and the quickest steps to fix the HP Laptop Microphone Not Working error on your hp envy laptop or any other model. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, you have to check the microphone settings.
- Right-click on the “Sound” window and tap on the “Microphone” button.
- Once you have completed the step, the Microphone might be working by now.
- If it is not working then tap on the “Properties” option of the microphone and ensure that the device is enabled.
- Check the sound levels and increase the volume of the microphone to high.
- Now, tap on the “Advanced” tab and make sure that the options are applied successfully.
- You can also check the audio driver whether it is updated or not.
- If the audio driver is not updated, download the latest audio driver and install that in your system.
- Remember, there are some cases, where the audio driver is damaged so you need to use the Microsoft system to restore the drivers before it fails.
- Although you can restart the computer and use the Microphone as sometimes the restarting process turns out to be helpful.
Get trustworthy hp customer service for a one-stop solution
If you are still facing the “HP Laptop Microphone Not Working” error then we suggest you instantly get in touch with the HP customer support team via the HP support number that is available online. Or you can also download hp assistant driver software to get to know the issue and then troubleshoot the same with professional assistance.
Frequency answered questions:
Where is the microphone on my hp pavilion laptop?
You will have an integrated camera at the top of the display, then your Microphone is located to the sides of the camera. Remember, all the HP laptops with an integrated camera also have internal microphones near the webcam. Look along the bottom of the LCD that is near the hinges for a small hole that is labeled as “Mic” or with the microphone icon.
How do I get my microphone to work on my HP laptop?
- First of all, you have to turn your microphone on your HP laptop, you should go to the taskbar.
- Now, you will come across the sound icon and then tap on the right click on it and select the “Sound settings” icon.
- Scroll down to choose the “Recording devices” option and tap on the “Recording” option.
How Do I Fix My Headset Microphone Windows 10?
- Make sure that the microphone or headset is connected to the computer.
- Ensure that the microphone is positioned correctly.
- Increase the volume of your microphone.
- For Windows 10, you have to tap on the “Start” option and then select the “Settings” option.
- After this, go to the “System” option and go to the “Sound” button.
How do I enable the microphone on my laptop?
First of all, you have to go to the “Start” option and then go to the “Settings” option and click on the “Privacy” followed by “Microphone”. Now, under the “Allow apps to access your microphone” and switch the toggle to the right to allow the apps to use the microphone.
Why is my laptop mic not working on Zoom?
When the laptop microphone is not working, it can be due to an issue with the microphone settings or the configuration, device drivers, faulty internal wirings, or even the broken mic. If you wish to fix it you have to go to the “Settings” and then go to the “Apps & Notifications” option. Now, you have to go to the “App permissions or Permission Manager” button and tap on the “Microphone and switch on the toggle for the zoom application.
How do I activate my microphone?
- First of all tap on the “Start” and then go to the “Settings” and click on the “Privacy” and click on the “Microphone” option.
- Go to the “Allow” tab access the microphone in the device and select the change and make sure the Microphone access for this device is turned on.
- Allow the apps to access your microphone.
- Once, you have allowed the microphone access to your apps, remember you can change the settings for each app.