The basic input-output system or the HP BIOS Setup utility system controls all the communication between the keyboard and the system devices such as display monitor, disk drive. It also stores the configuration information for the peripherals types, startup sequence, extended memory, and more. Each BIOS version is customized on the basis of computer model lines along with hardware configuration and it also includes the build-in HP setup utility to access and change all the computer settings. In this article, you will get the guide to open and navigate the P BIOS Setup Utility menus and settings. It is important to understand the specific menus and functions vary from one and another depending upon the computer models.
What are the steps for the HP setup utility download process?
Tap on the “Download” option next to the “HP easy start” option depending upon the options displayed on-screen. Just open the “Downloads” folder and then tap on the “HP Easy Start file” or the HP driver.dmg file to run the installation process.
How to open the HP BIOS Setup Utility?
You can assess the HP setup utility using the series of key presses during the boot process, just follow the steps given below:
- Turn off the computer and wait for some time. Now, turn off the computer and then press the “Esc” key till the Startup menu appears on-screen.
- Press the F10 key to open the HP setup utility or HP BIOS Setup Utility.
How to update the HP setup utility BIOS?
If you need to update the HP setup utility to resolve the specific issues improve the performance or to support the new hardware component. Go to the “HP Desktop PCs – Updating the BIOS” tab and update the BIOS if Windows starts or does not start.
Resolve the issues during the HP setup utility update
If there is an issue that occurs while updating the BIOS such as your system hangs or the error message is showing on-screen then an automatic BIOS recovery is needed. The HP system will not be damaged it can boot into the Windows. Just perform an HP setup utility download and install process for the latest BIOS update from the HP setup utility tab. By this, you can resolve the issues that occur during the HP setup utility process.
Fix Black screen and automatic recovery fails errors while updating HP setup utility
There are basically two methods to recover the BIOS manually:
- You can use the backup file that is stored on the hard drive.
- Just download the same or the new BIOS file.
What are the steps for HP setup utility boot from USB windows 10?
To boot from USB drive in Windows, you have to follow the steps given below:
- First of all plug to the bootable USB drive to your computer.
- Now, open the “Advanced Startup” option on-screen.
- Tap on the option labeled as “Use a device” option.
- After this, tap on the USB drive that you wish to use for booting up.
What are the steps for HP setup utility that enable virtualization?
- First of all turn on the “System” option.
- Continuously, press the “Esc” key at the startup.
- Tap on the “F10” key for the BIOS setup.
- After this, press the “System configuration” tab.
- Tap on the “Virtualization Technology” and tap on the “Enter” button.
- After this, you have to select the “Enabled” button and tap on the “Enter” key.
By knowing it is expected that you have understood the importance of HP Setup utility and what are the steps to enable the HP setup utility on your devices. However, if you still have queries related to the topic then it is strongly advised to visit 123.hp.com/setup where you can get the guidance to access the HP setup utility without any interruptions.