HP Office Jet Pro K550dtwn like any other HP Printer is regarded as the top-most color business printer with much cheaper cost per page. This HP Printer model is best for all sorts of small or micro business customers who all are looking out for the professional quality as well as the number of printing with a cheap price. It is compatible with the Windows computer and Mac OS.
In case you wish to use the HP Printer for the wireless communication then you need to do any one of the following ways as listed below-
- With the help of the cross cable or the network cable to set up the HP Office Jet Pro K550dtwn Printer on an ad hoc network (MacOS)
Follow the steps as listed below-
- You need to assemble the HP Printer hardware.
- Make sure an AirPort card is installed on the system, beforehand.
- You need to close all the applications that all are in the background of Mac OS.
- From the ‘Utilities’ folder, open the ‘AirPort Setup Assistant’ folder.
- On the menu bar, click on the ‘AirPort’ icon.
- Select the ‘hpsetup’ under the Computer Network.
- Insert the CD into the CD Drive.
- If the CD menu doesn’t function automatically then you need to double-click on the ‘Setup’ icon.
- Select the ‘Install Driver’ on the CD menu and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click on the ‘Wireless Network’ option on the ‘Connection Type’ screen.
- Select ‘Done’ option.
- Follow the instructions as display on the screen in the ‘Network Printer Setup Utility’ that will start running automatically to install the HP Printer driver.
In case, you face any issues while going through the above steps then feel free to call HP Printer Support to get help from the technicians.
- With the help of Secure Easy Setup(SES)
Follow the steps as shown below-
- You need to set up the HP Printer hardware.
- On the wireless router, press the ‘Secure Easy Setup (SES)’ button.
- Press and hold the ‘Configuration Page’ button, press the ‘Resume’ button, and release the ‘Configuration Page’ button for 2 minutes.
- The Configuration page light blinks.
- Press the ‘Configuration Page’ button for not less than 2 minutes to print the HP Printer’s configuration page.
- Check whether the SES setting matches with the router’s wireless settings.
- Close all the applications that all are running in the background of the system.
- Insert the CD into the CD drive.
- If the CD menu doesn’t function automatically then on the CD double-click on the ‘Setup’ icon.
- Select the ‘Install’ option on the CD menu.
- Follow the instructions on-screen in order to install the HP Printer software.
For more information on HP Printer, call HP Customer Service number.