HP is one of the finest manufacturers of operating systems such as laptops, printers, drivers and software. Hp products are known for their quality, but apart from delivering the qualitative products. It is also known for its services. You can also download the hp support assistant to solve the problems occurring at the time of installing the product. For the HP printers, HP provides you the hp printer assistant, in case you encounter any issue with your HP printer. Before you proceed to the downloading steps, you should understand what HP Printer’s assistant is.
What is the HP Printer Assistant?
HP Printer Assistant is printing software that sets up your printer, scans documents; checks ink levels, take control of all printing processes, and much more. It comes with HP printers that are manufactured after 2009. HP Printer Assistant is designed for managing print activities and improving the efficiency of your printer. The software automatically gets installed every time you install HP Printer drivers.
When you update your Windows, the printer information is lost. In this case, use the HP Printer Assistant to connect your printer as a new printer. You just need to reconnect your printer to regain access to HP Printer Tools and use them according to your needs. In addition to this, the software comes with its best features to give us the blissful experience with printing.
HP Printer Assistant helps manage your print job activities with ease. In other words, HP Printer’s assistant is a tool for tuning performance, updating printer drives, and troubleshooting issues.
How you can perform Hp Printer Assistant Download?
To download the HP Printer Assistant on your devices, you have to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Turn on your computer
- Make sure that the USB cable is disconnected from the printer.
- You need to visit HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers to proceed further.
- You have to enter your printer model number and click on the “Submit” option.
- A page will show up on your screen, this is the result page.
- The result page will show your printer model. Click on the model you are using currently.
- Now, if the default operating system is different from the device, which you use. You need to change it, click Change, and then select the version you are using and click the “Change” option.
- Now finally click on the “Download” option.
- Select the type of installation you want, it can be either Typical or Recommended.
HP device offers Windows for their devices and Windows comes up with a Hp support assistant, which is already installed. HP Support Assistant automatically finds and installs the latest updates for your device.
Important: Hp makes updates to HP Support Assistant on a regular basis. In order to install the latest Version, you have to visit Hp Customer service.
How you can install the latest version of HP drivers from HP Support Assistant?
You can follow the steps mentioned below to get the latest version installed:-
- Search and open the http://www.hp.com/go/hpsupportassistant in the Windows of your device.
- Find your computer on the “My devices” tab and then click on the “Updates” option.
- Click “Check for updates and messages” to get the latest updates on new versions.
- Wait while the HP Support Assistant is working on the latest updates.
- If new updates are available, you have to click the checkbox next to each update, and then click “Download and install”.
- Close the tool, when the HP Support Assistant finishes the downloading.
- Your Updated version is downloaded successfully.
Can we download the HP Printer Assistant on Mac?
Unfortunately, the HP Printer Assistant is not available for the macOS or OS X users. There is another option for mac users i.e. HP Utility. This utility has similar features, tools, and functions that are available in the HP Printer Assistant. It gets downloaded with mac full feature driver of HP and if it does not then you may go to the official website of HP and then complete the process of HP utility mac download software.
How do I find HP Utility on Mac?
To check if HP Utility is installed on the Mac you may go through the following steps:
- First of all, open the “Finder” of your Mac device and click on the “Go” option.
- Further, click on “Applications”.
- When a new page opens, find the folder of “HP” and double-tap on it.
- Here you see a list where you have to locate “HP utility”.
- When you find it, double-tap on it.
If after this, you see a setup and activation screen, click on “Continue”.Doing this will complete the setup of the software after which you can start using HP Utility for Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the HP Printer Assistant in Windows 10?
Whenever you install the full feature software of HP Printer, HP Printer Assistant installs automatically on your device. To find it, you need to double-tap on the icon of your HP Printer present on your desktop along with the model number of it. When a new page opens, you will see a list of HP’s accompaniments where you will find HP Printer Assistant. You can follow this process on Windows 7 and Windows 8 as well.
- How do I connect my HP printer to my Mac?
You can easily connect your HP Printer to a Mac by using the USB cable. For this, go to its menu and select “Software Update” option. Now connect your Mac device and printer with the USB cable and then navigate the “Apple” menu. Further, you have to select “System Preferences” followed by the “Print & Fax” option. Now, click on the lock icon and enter mac admin details. Further, you have to select the plus icon present below the “Printers” menu from where you have to select the name of your HP Printer. Now, you have to click on the “Add” option to successfully connect your printer.
- What is the HP Support Assistant?
If you are new to HP, then you should know that this is a utility of HP with no additional cost. HP Assistant comes pre-installed in the HP devices that were released after 2012. It helps HP users to fix and get rid of problems. It does so by looking for updates for HP Printer drivers and then installing them automatically. There is also a self-help option for those who wish to avoid problems with their HP devices.
- How to uninstall HP Support Assistant on Windows 10?
To do this, you have to navigate to the “Windows” menu and search for the “Uninstall” a program option. When you see the “Programs and Features” window, you have to locate and select the “HP Support Assistant” from there. Further, you have to click on the “Uninstall” option and select “Yes” when the confirmation screen appears. You might have to restart your computer to complete the process.
- How to turn off the HP Support Assistant?
First of all, you have to locate the HP Support Assistant on your device and double-tap on it. After this, you should click on the “Settings” option followed by “Health Analysis”. From there, you have to tap on the “Frequency” drop-down menu. Further, select the “Never” option followed by tapping on “Never Check for Updates”.
- What does the HP Support Assistant do?
The support assistant that came pre-installed on your HP devices is a software utility developed by HP to help its users get recent updates of the software and printer drivers. It also helps the users in getting rid of certain issues and installs the updates automatically so that users don’t have to undergo the hassle of updating their HP devices.
- Is HP Support Assistant a virus?
HP has thoroughly scanned HP Support Assistant for the presence of the virus and it concluded that it is free from viruses. This means you can use without getting worried of any data loss or any inappropriate activity on the part of HP Support Assistant. Hence, we can say that it is safe to use.
- Is it OK to delete HP Support Assistant?
No, it is not OK to remove the support assistant from your device because it provides various services to the users of HP. It is a recommended tool by HP because it helps in the maintenance of your device and upgrades the software present on it. You may also use it as a troubleshooting program and hence you should not remove it.
- Should I download the HP Support Assistant updates?
If you feel that updates displayed by the HP Support assistant are necessary, then you can download those updates. It is not recommended to download all the updates because all of them are not necessary. But, you will continue to see the exclamation mark on HP Support Assistant in case you leave some updates.
- What are the HP Support Assistant functions?
The HP Support Assistant present on your device helps to improve the functionality of your device. It automatically updates drivers present on your device and you can also use its self-help option to resolve various problems that may hamper your work. It is available for Windows users but not for mac users. Hence, mac users need to download HP utility which has the same functions.
- How do I contact HP support?
To contact HP support, you can either go to the official website of HP or choose some other options to contact them. All you need to do is sign in or you can identify your product on the support and look for the queries related to it. Moreover, you can speak to them on call or via the chat option.
- Is HP support free?
HP Support is free until and unless you seek help from the official support website of HP. If you make a call on the support number of HP, then you may incur the network or calling charges. On the other hand, for the replacement of certain products or parts of HP devices, you need to pay an additional amount.