HP Universal Print Driver (UPD) connects with the HP print support device to provide with outstanding print capabilities install on both the devices- printer and desktop or laptop. It supports a wide range of HP LaserJet Printers and HP Multifunctional Printers (MFPs). This print driver has the power to discover HP printing devices and automatically configure to the device capabilities (duplex, color, finishing, and lots more).
Are you’re using HP Color LaserJet/ HP Color Multifunctional Printer (MFP)/ HP Enterprise and facing issues like unable to print in color or unable to print in two-sided( auto-duplex) after installing the Universal Print Driver (UPD)? Read this article to get help.
Follow the steps as listed below to get an instant solution-
- Check whether you’re using the latest version of HP Universal Print Driver (UPD) and make sure your HP Printer model support the auto-duplexing and/or color printing feature.
You can contact HP Customer Service number to get more information on HP Universal Print Driver (UPD).
- You need to open the HP Printer properties and on the ‘General’ tab, check on the HP Printer driver whether it supports color printing or not.
Suppose ‘Color:’ setting in the ‘General’ tab is turned to ‘No’ then the printer driver can’t print in color.
- In case the ‘Color:’ setting in the ‘General’ tab is set to ‘No’ then select the ‘Device setting’ tab. Under ‘Installable options, click on the ‘Automatic Configuration: Off’ (by default). Select ‘Update Now’ option to perform an automatic configuration.
- In case HP Universal Printer Driver auto-configuration fails (both 5.0 and the latest) then the printer driver will set to default monochrome setting.
To solve this issue, you need to manually change the print type settings. Click on the ‘Device Type: Auto Detect’ on the ‘Device settings’ tab to click on the ‘Color’ option.
- After the Automatic Configuration the ‘Duplex Unit:’ option shows up ‘Not installed’ then change it to ‘Installed’, manually.
- Check whether the ‘Color: and/or Double-sided:’ setting are set to ‘Yes’ under the ‘feature’ option. Select the ‘Print Test page’ to confirm. Click on the ‘Ok’ option to save the settings.
For more information on HP Printer or any of its models contact HP Printer Assistant Number.
Ragnar is a professional technical writer who completed Masters of engineering management from Princeton University, US and has been writing for past 11 years. He transforms technical information using a comprehensive and easy approach for all the readers and tech lovers to understand the complexity of respective subject. Covering the area of hardware such as brother printers to software like Kaspersky, Ragnar’s articles help users to clarify their doubts.