There are times when you need to start printing from a new printer. This can easily happen because the desk or office might move or the Network might change. For efficiency, you can set default printer Windows to the one you use quite often and which is very much convenient. If you are using the Windows 10 operating system then you just have to set default printer windows 10. With the release of an updated version of Windows 10, the MS Office introduced a new setting to set default printer windows 10.
What does Set as Default Printer mean?
The setup default printer is a process in which a default printer I complete the print jobs that are sent that are not specified. Remember, the default printer prevents the program from asking other printers to print each time when they want to print a document.
How to the setup default printer on Windows 10?
- First of all, go to the Windows start menu.
- Tap on the “Settings” option.
- Just tap on the “Devices” in the “Settings” dialog box.
- You need to make sure that you are in the section labeled as “Printers& Scanners” option.
- Now, disable the setting and go to the “Let Windows manage my default printer” by selecting the option as “Off”.
How Windows OS can manage the setup default printer?
- Just tap on the “Print & share” printer option and then tap on the “Set as default” option.
- Now, open the registry editor and tap on the key labeled as “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows”.
- For the name “LegacyDefaultPrinterMode” and set the value data to “1” to set default printer windows 10.
What are the steps to set default printer windows 10?
Windows 10 is capable enough to print the documents with only one printer at a single point of time. You can also choose the printer to print the document. When you don’t specifically give the printing command to the printer then Windows will use the default printer. The default printer is not a specific printer and no manufacturer gives the name since its establishment. It is one of the current printers that are available on the network. If the printer is synced directly to the laptop, then the printer is the default printer. For setup default printer you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, open the “Control Panel” window.
- Just right tap on the mouse on the screen to open the Super secret menu and then select the “Control Panel”.
- Just beneath the “Hardware and Sound” and tap on the link labeled as “View devices and printers”.
- Now, you will see the “Devices and Printers” window.
- Just right click on the printer that you wish to use as a default printer.
- After this, you need to choose the “Set as Default Printer” command.
- Wait for a while and then your printer will be set default printer windows 10.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
In the end, we assure you by following the steps mentioned in this article you can easily set default printer windows 10. However, if you are still facing issues or have any queries related to the process we have just discussed in this article then we suggest you visit 123.hp.com/setup or download hp assistant driver to resolve the errors (if any) in the process.