Are you a new Chromebook user and do not know how to set up your wireless printer with it? Well, in that case, this tutorial will walk you through the whole process of connecting and setting up your wireless printer with Google Chromebook.
No matter how advanced we and our devices have become, at some point of time, you need to get the physical copy of your digital data. Here, printers such as HP, Dell, Canon, Brother, and so on come in the picture.
But, setting them can be a difficult task for some while for others it can be a relatively easier task. You may continue reading this guide if you are also keen to know about the wireless printer setup on a Chromebook.
Stepwise Chromebook printer setup process
Before you could do anything else, it is advisable to connect your Chromebook to the same Wi-Fi network as your printer. In case you are having an HP Printer, then you may use HP Printer Assistant to download the wireless setup.
Step 1- Connect your Chromebook to a wireless network
- Select the time present at the bottom right of your Chromebook.
- If you are not connected to any network, select ‘Not Connected’.
- Now, your device will automatically look for available networks.
- Pick the desired network from the list.
- Enter the password to connect to it and select ‘Connect’.
Step 2- Connect your printer to Wi-Fi
- On the control panel of your printer, tap on the Wi-Fi icon.
- If your printer has a Wi-Fi button, then press the button.
- Your printer will search for the available networks.
- Choose the desired network, enter the password, and you are done.
Step 3- Add a printer to Chromebook
Now that you have connected both the devices to the same network, its time to add the printer to the Chromebook:
- Select the click icon available on the screen of your Chromebook.
- Then, tap on the ‘Settings’ icon represented by a gear.
- In the Settings’ search bar, type ‘Print’.
- From the search results, select ‘Printers’.
- Next up, select the ‘Add Printer’ option.
- From the list of available printers, pick the desired printer, and hit the ‘Add’ button.
Hurrah! Your printer is now connected to your Chromebook and you can start printing wirelessly from it. Although there are other ways of Chromebook printer setup, this is the easiest one. If you are unable to set up your HP wireless printer to it, then navigate to 123.hp.com/setup.