Sometimes, the HP Printer cannot perform the printing job despite the fact that printing documents is one thing it is designed to do. This might happen because a print job is stuck in the print queue or HP printer stuck on deleting. This stuck print job cannot be canceled or deleted easily and prevents further print jobs to take place. Or even clicking “Cancel” on the job in the queue does not resolve the issue.
At times, you might think why my HP printer is stuck on deleting? Instead of thinking, you should come into action and start looking for remedies.
Steps to follow when HP printer stuck on deleting document-
You should download the HP Printer Assistant in order to automatically detect and resolve HP printer hardware and connection issues. Read the instructions carefully and respond to the prompts in order to automatically find and fix any HP printer problem. After you have finished using the program, try to print once again. If the print job stuck again, move to the next step.
Step 2: Delete print job files and restart
Reset your printing setting and delete the print job files manually. Restart both the computer and the printer after completing the procedure.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the printer power cord from the power outlet.
- Navigate to the “Services” option in your Windows PC.
- Now, right-click on the “Print Spooler” option, and then tap on the“Stop” option.
- Close the Services window, when the service stops.
- In Windows, search for and open “Printers”.
- Delete all files that exist in the “Printer” folder.
- Turn off your computer and connect the printer power cord to turn on the printer.
- Start the computer and print a test page.
If the issue still persists, move to the step that follows:
Step 3: Reinstall the print driver
If print jobs continue to get stuck when printing with HP Printers, it is recommended to reinstall the print driver.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Go to the official site of HP Printer and type your printer model number.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install your printer software.
- Now, connect the USB cable when prompted during the software installation.
- Restart the computer, and wait for a few seconds.
- Try to print attest page.
If the problem still persists, then you should seek help from HP Customer Service. The capable team of experts will try to resolve the issue in every possible way. The support service can be availed 365x24x7.