Many people among us are complaining that are they facing slowness on their HP laptops. If you are also one of these people then you have visited the right page. HP laptops may slow down due to several factors like excess temp and prefetch files, startup apps, unnecessary files, and enabled system tray programs. However, in some cases, the HP laptops went slow after installing Windows 10 on them. Be it any reason, the solutions to fix the “HP laptop so slow” issue are easy and quick.
On this page, we are going to talk about some unique and definite solutions that will help you to get rid of slowness on your HP laptop. Solutions that we are going to discuss would be like deleting unnecessary files, adjusting power options, cleaning the disk, closing the system tray programs, and uninstalling unwanted programs from your laptop. So, with no further delay, let’s move forward to discuss the best and quick solutions one by one to fix the slowness on your laptop.
Why is my HP Laptop so slow on Windows 10?
Your Windows 10 HP laptop may be slow due to several factors like unnecessary files, system tray programs, unwanted installed programs, auto-run apps, and so on. The different solutions to fix the HP laptop so slow issue are explained below. Implement these solutions on your HP laptop carefully:
Solution 1: Restart your HP laptop
The first and quick way to fix the slowness on your laptop is restarting the device immediately. If this is a minor issue then it will be fixed automatically. To restart your device, follow the steps that are given below:
- On your HP laptop, click on the ‘Start’ button
- Look for the ‘Power’ icon and click on it
- Now, find and click on the ‘Restart’ option
- Wait for a while and let your device complete the restart process
Solution 2: Stop programs running on startup
Whenever you start your laptop, there are lots of programs that run automatically. In such case you need to check the startup programs and stop them immediately, look at the steps given below:
- On your laptop, click on the search bar
- Now, type ‘System Configuration’ in it
- Look in the results and click on it
- Find the ‘Startup’ option and click on it
- Now, a list of startup apps will be displayed on the screen
- Look at the list and stop the apps that are set to auto-run
Solution 3: Clean up the Disk
There are numerous files on your PC that you don’t need. Keeping a large store of unnecessary files may create a slowness on your device. To clean these unnecessary files on your PC using the disk clean up tool, follow the steps that are given below:
- On your PC, click on the search bar
- Now, type ‘Disk Clean Up’ in it
- Then, find and click on the app icon to launch it
- Let the tool scan all the files on your HP laptop
- Select all the unnecessary files on your laptop
- Then, click on the ‘OK’ button
After approaching the above steps, check that the HP laptop so slow is fixed or not. In case you are still facing slowness on your laptop then head to the next solution mentioned below.
Solution 4: Uninstall unwanted programs
There are a lot of programs that you don’t need on your PC. Eliminate these programs and follow the steps that are given below to uninstall them:
- On your Windows 10 HP laptop, click on the ‘Start’ button
- Now, look for the ‘Settings’ icon and click on it
- Then, you need to click on the ‘Apps’ option from the list of settings
- Now, choose the program that you intend to uninstall
- After completing the uninstallation process, restart your device
- Check that your laptop is running normally or not
Solution 5: Close system tray programs
System tray programs refer to the notification app on your Windows 10 laptop. In case you have turned it on then your laptop may be slow due to this factor. To close the system tray programs on your HP laptop, follow the steps that are given below:
- On your HP Laptop, click on the search bar
- Type “Notification Program’ command in it
- Look in the results and open the app
- Then, you need to uncheck the box to close the unwanted notification
Pro Tip: In case you are still facing slowness on your HP laptop then you can contact HP Chat Support to discuss the issue with an agent. You can also speak to an HP customer service agent for a quick solution regarding the HP laptop so slow issue.
To sum up, in some cases your HP laptop might be slow. The process to fix the slowness on the HP laptop is introduced above on this page. All you need to do is, approach the solutions one by one to fix the slowness issue quickly on your laptop. In case the above solutions do not work out then you need to reset your PC approaching the appropriate way. While resetting your laptop make sure to back up all the necessary data and files. Make sure to keep deleting the unnecessary files, temp files, and prefetch files from your laptop from time to time. Hopefully, you have learned about the ways to fix the slowness on your HP laptop.