On your Windows 10 HP laptop, the company provides USB ports that help you to connect other devices to your HP laptop without using a particular port or bulky connector. Using a USB port, you can connect printers, mobile, computer, camera, mp3 players, sound system, etc. to your laptop. Connecting a device to your HP laptop is an easy and quick process. You can use an ethernet cable to connect a device to your Windows 10 HP laptop. However, many among us are complaining that the USB ports not working on HP laptop.
If you are also facing problems while connecting a device with your HP laptop then refer to this post as we are discussing the method to fix USB ports not working on the HP laptop issue. The given solutions will help you to make the USB ports working for your HP laptops.
Ways to fix USB Ports not working on HP laptop issue
We have explained three ways to fix this issue on your Windows 10 HP laptop. Try each way one by one that is given below:
Way 1: Remove all USB devices and re-seat your battery
Whenever you find that the USB port is not responding on your HP laptop, do the following:
- Try to disconnect all the USB devices that are connected to your HP laptop
- Now, shut down your PC and cut off it from power supplies
- Then, try to remove the battery from your HP laptop (check the manual to remove the battery if you are not sure about the method to remove it)
- Now, wait up to 10 minutes and then seat your battery back in
- Then, try to connect all the USB devices back and connect the power source
- Now, turn on your PC and check if the problem has been fixed or not
Note: After going through the above steps, the USB ports not working on HP laptop issue should be fixed. If you are still experiencing the same issue then move on to another method that is given below.
Way 2: Adjust power management settings for USB Root Hubs
Another way to fix problems with the USB port might be adjusting the power management settings for USB root hubs. Here we have introduced the steps to adjust power management settings for USB root hubs; look at the steps:
- On your Windows 10 HP laptop, open the run app
- Now, in the box type devmgmt.msc and press Enter
- The device manager will be opened on your device
- Now, choose the “Universal bus collector”
- Then, click on USB Root Hub
- Now, check the box to allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
- Click on OK
- Finally, you have adjusted the power management settings for the USB root hub
Note: In the above steps we have illustrated the method to adjust power management settings for the first USB Root Hub. You can approach these steps to adjust the settings for all your USB Root hubs as the process is the same.
Way 3: Update your USB ports driver
The simplest way to update your USB ports driver is installing a software on your HP laptop that can update all of your USB ports driver automatically. Once you finish the process to update your USB ports driver, you will find that the USB ports not working on HP laptop issue has been fixed successfully. In case you are still facing any with your Windows 10 HP laptop then you can take the help of an HP assistant to solve the issue or contact HP customer service for more information.
To sum up, hopefully, this post will help you to fix USB ports not working on HP laptop issues easily and quickly. Approach the ways that we have explained in this post carefully one by one. We have concluded 3 simple ways to fix the issue and they will be very helpful for you all.